People’s Convention: 12th Feb A people’s convention to build resistance to cuts and austerity
January 19, 2011
DPAC members – Please remember to register yourselves (at the R2W website) and to let us know if you have access requirements. It is imperative that you give us advance notice in order for us to be able to provide the support. The Friend’s Meeting House is wheelchair accessible. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know about access requirements
Saturday 12 February 2011
@ Friends Meeting House,
Euston Road, London NW1 2BJ
This Con-Dem coalition aims to roll back the welfare state, slash our living standards, attack our pensions and to drive up unemployment. We need to respond with protests, direct action and strikes.
At the People’s Convention on Saturday 12 February we want to discuss how we can do just that. We also want to examine alternatives to austerity – where the rich and the corporations pay for a crisis they caused.
Diane Abbot MP
Mark Serwotka, PCS General Secretary
Tony Kearns CWU senior deputy General Secretary
Jane Loftus CWU President
Alan Whittaker, president of UCU
Jimmy Kelly, Head of UNITE in Ireland
Steve Hart, London and South East regional secretary of Unite
Jeremy Corbyn MP
Andrej Hunko, Die Linke MP (Germany)
Katy Clark MP
John McDonnell MP
Representative of FIOM (Italian metal Workers Federation)
Captain SKA, producer of the hugely popular ‘Liar Liar‘ YouTube hit
* Organising claimants against benefit cuts
* Disabled people – at the forefront of resistance Sponsored by Disabled People Against the Cuts
* Students – at the forefront of struggle Sponsored by National Campaign Against Cuts & Fees and Education Activists Network
* How trades councils can build resistance
* Organising a local anti-cuts campaign
* NHS in crisis Sponsored by Keep Our NHS Public
* Housing Emergency Sponsored by Defend Council Housing
* Can the unions stop the ConDems?
* One million climate jobs now
* Organising migrant and precarious workers
* Alternatives to Austerity
* Debate – How can councillors resist the cuts?
More information at the T2W website.